Passwordstate 9050 and below issue - Cannot paste into notes field in Password Record

Issue:

When trying to paste into the notes field in a Password Record, right clicking and Pasting does nothin, and neither does Control + V.

Fix:

We've had a few reports of this in either build 9000, or 9050, and upgrading to the latest build has fixed the issue.  The best way to upgrade from Build 9050 is via a manual upgrade due to some issues with the automatic upgrade.  The manual upgrade is still very automated though, and just requires running an executable on your web server:

To upgrade, please first take a backup using the Administration -> Backups and Upgrades -> Backup Now.

Then, perform a Manual Upgrade by following Section 5 of this Document:  https://www.clickstudios.com.au/downloads/version9/Upgrade_Instructions.pdf

Once you are running the latest build of Passwordstate, your In-Place automatic Upgrades can be used as per normal.

Regards,

Support

For anyone else reading this, we can only presume there is some sort of caching happening in IIS which is causing this.

Phil above has just replaced all the files a second time with his Manual Upgrade, and it's resolved it, so it seems to us to be a caching issue.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi Lennart,

Did you read the thread above?  This can be fixed by performing a manual upgrade.  I've created a new forum post on this to try to explain in a bit more detail with links to do a manual upgrade, and if you can follow that, this will fix the issue.

https://www.clickstudios.com.au/community/index.php?/topic/14139-upgrading-to-passwordstate-9-cannot-paste-into-notes-field/

Regards,

Support

Ive read it now and Im planning to perform this upgrade today after business hours but Im still having a problem with the specifications of the account that I have to have configured for the backups to run.

From what I understand I have to have a setting called "Enable Password Resets" which I found in my passwordlist but its greyed out...

Can you please help with this?

Thanks,

//Lennart