Add AD Security Groups by using wildcards

Hello,

currently it is not possible to use wildcards in the "Administration -> Security Groups -> Add AD Security Group" screen for the "Security Group Name".

But if you want to import all groups in a specific OU, it would be nice to use a wildcard for the name, if you have specified a valid value in the "LDAP Filter" field.

Is there a possibility to provide such a feature?

Best regards,

Tina

Hi Tina,

Could i ask which build of Passwordstate you are running?  Reason i ask is because this appears to be working in my latest build, and one of the developers here seems to recall this ldap filer being fixed in an earlier build.

Just to confirm, on that screen where you search for a Security Group name, I am searching with following options - and I can also add a * to the end of admin as well if I like:

2018-03-27_13-01-17.png

Regards,

Support.

Hi Support,

many thanks for the quick response!

I use the lastest build of passwordstate: V8.2 Build 8284

To filter the security groups by a specific name like "admin" in your example is possible. But I want to filter by the LDAP string and not by the security group name.

My example would result in the error message displayed in the screenshot attached.

So my use case would be to list all security groups in a specific OU. So that I can import them all at once - not every group separately.

Best regards,

Tina

Passwordstate_Import-SG.PNG

Hi Tina,

Thanks for the screenshot, and you do have to specify something in here, as we do not return all Security Groups in AD - that could potentially be a large query, which is why we don't allow it. So you could even put something like simple query like the letter a if you wanted to.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived