Automatical clearing of the notifications area

Hi All

I'd like to raise a feature request for an automated clearing of the notification area. It would make sense to automatically remove notifications if they are not accurate anymore e.g. for the following scenarios:

• If an update ran, the notification about the new build (which is already installed in the meantime) could automatically be removed.
  • If an Access Request to a Password/Passwordlist has been fulfilled, the notification could be removed automatically. We often have the scenario that an user requests access to a Password/Passwordlists, which then goes to houndreds of users. After this has been granted/rejected, all other users need to clear their notification or click on it and realize then, that it doesn't exist anymore.

If anyone sees further options, where this would make sense, let us know...

Best regards,

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for your request and we will look into these two things for you. We are soon going to be redesigning the entire 'Request Access' feature, and planned on your second suggestion anyway. Why is it you have hundreds of users approving requests - normally we only see about 1 to 3 admins of a Password List doing this?

Regards

Click Studios

Hi

Thanks a lot for all your effort!

Our permission concept is like that all employees of a department are Password List Admins, and are abe to manage all the list by them self. Sometimes it's needed that someone from another department need some access to any Password List. Then they use the "Request Access" feature.

Best regards,

Fabian

• 8 months later...

+1

I'd like to second this request. Our organisation has three security-related staff approving passwords and a relatively low volume of password access requests. Right now, the notifications area is a useless feature that distracts and agitates our security administrators, mostly because any time a notification has appeared, you can be 99% sure that someone has already handled whatever pending access request notification is there, hours ago. Of course, they have to click there each time on the assumption that there might be a pending request, which 99% of the time wastes time and lowers productivity. 

Please implement the automated removal of stale notifications... It should have been done in the first place.

Hello BHillebrand,

Thanks for your feedback. With our Notifications, we do not track specifically against 'Requests for Access', so there is no direct correlation between the notification and a specific Request for Access. But we could look into that for you, since you asked so nicely :)

For the email's you receive for these notifications, are you also wanting us to do something for that, or are you able to delete those yourself - assuming you are using the defaults where emails are sent for this.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi Support,

Thank you for taking my call today regarding this request and your most recent response. Apologies if my reply came across as a bit harsh; All of us are passionate about IT, the products and services we use - Generally speaking we really enjoy using Passwordstate, but the notifications area needed some additional work to be as awesome as the rest of the product. To that end, it's great to know that Click Studios are going to action this feature request and I very much look forward to seeing this feature request being delivered in a future release.

Regards,

BH

PS: More than happy to delete the emails myself, but it would be exceptional if you guys could look at that feature in the future. :)

Hey BH,

No issues at all, and maybe we shouldn't be so sensitive ourselves. We're only a small company, and the hundreds of outstanding feature requests we have can be quite stressful at time, as we want to keep all customers happy - but this is our issue not yours.

I'm happy to report that we've now finished this fix for you for the next release, which is scheduled for early next week. I'll post back here again as soon as we release the next build.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend.

Regards

Click Studios