External user access

x-rk

Passwordstate is great for internal (company) sharing of sensitive information. I would happily pay for additional licenses if I could use Passwordstate's Self Destruct Message with external (non-company) users as well. For example sending a new password to a contractor/consultant or a client's end user (that has no access to Passwordstate today). 

Basically what I would like to have is an on-prem equivalent of onetimesecret.com included into Passwordstate. 

The easiest way of achieving this would be to have a frontend / site (facing the Internet) that is allowed to connect to the backend-server using the existing API. That would not be a viable solution for us from a security perspective though.  

Instead, what I would like to see is a frontend installation used on a dedicated server in a DMZ that has no access to the backend-server. 

The backend server on the other hand should be able to push data (via encrypted channel) to the frontend server where an external user via a scrambled URL can access the information X number of times/hours/days (much like today's Self Destruct Message functionality) from external IP .a.b.c.d. (or other security measures).   

On 8/7/2018 at 12:19 AM, x-rk said:

The backend server on the other hand should be able to push data (via encrypted channel) to the frontend server where an external user via a scrambled URL can access the information X number of times/hours/days (much like today's Self Destruct Message functionality) from external IP .a.b.c.d. (or other security measures).   

I'll +1 this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

We've now released Passwordstate 8488 which includes this new Self Destruct Portal.  We intend on getting a video out soon explaining how it works, so please keep an eye out on our Youtube channel for the release of this:  https://www.youtube.com/c/ClickStudiosPasswordstate

After you upgrade, you'll see some more details under Administration ->System Settings -> Self Destruct Messages, including links to the install guide and the source files to install this portal separately.  You'll also be able to do some custom branding on this same page, as well as configure a global Passphrase which can help protect your messages.

You might also want to take a look at the new Address Book feature, which you'll find under your Preferences Menu on the left hand pane.  There are two address books, used to store contact which you can in turn use to send Self Destruct Messages to - Personal and Global.  Permissions of who can edit the Global Address book can be set under Administration -> Feature Access -> Miscellaneous tab. 

Thanks for your patience with this, and we hope you like this new feature!

Regards, 

Support.

35 minutes ago, support said:

You might also want to take a look at the new Address Book feature, which you'll find under your Preferences Menu on the left hand pane.  There are two address books, used to store contact which you can in turn use to send Self Destruct Messages to - Personal and Global.  Permissions of who can edit the Global Address book can be set under Administration -> Feature Access -> Miscellaneous tab. 

You've made my day!

Hi Everyone,

We hate to say it but we've introduced a bug in the latest build with the Self Destruct portal that was completely our fault!  If you don't have your email source in the address book, then you won't be able to send the self destruct.  ie, you can't just type in an email address manually and click Send.  This was working and tested, but in a code change post that testing we accidentally introduced this.

We're sorry and we'll be patching it soon.

We're going to go hide in the corner now.

Regards,

Support.

Archived