Royal TS integration

Hello,

maybe you know about Royal TS, the "Comprehensive Remote Management Solution". It's a software that allows you to do rdp/ssh/telnet/vnc/etc all in the same place.

With the latest release they have introduced the "Dynamic Folders" (https://goo.gl/D1kyT9), it's a way to dynamically embed elements from a different repository. Considering that Passwordstate is a credential repository, it would be nice to integrate those two tools, giving Royal TS the ability to connect something using the credentials from Passwordstate.

Basically a "Dynamic Folder" is a script that produces a JSON output, and with the Passwordstate's APIs it hasn't been so hard to wrote something that works. But, given the current API authentication method, it's not so scalable since I have to embed the API key in the script.

So, I think that this is another reason to introduce an "username and password" method for the API environment in order to ease the integration with other tools.

Thanks,

Matteo

Hi,

I'm a contractor that works for many different customers, sometimes remotely via client VPN, sometimes on site. I'm also a Mac user.

So, I can't use the "Browser Based Launcher" since my Passwordstate server cannot connect the hosts, and I can't use the "Client Based Launcher" since I'm using a Mac and it's only available for Windows.

Also, Royal TS has some useful features that I use, like session output recording and automation scripting.

Thanks,

Matteo

Thanks for the feedback Matteo - we appreciate it.

With our Remote Site Locations module, we've also now included the Browser Based Remote Session Launcher at no additional cost - basically you can gave this gateway deployed to any location you install the agent. And from within Passwordstate, you don't even need functioning DNS for the remote hosts - you connect to the gateway, and it uses the site's local DNS. Our browser based launcher also as session recording.

Just thought I would mention this, in case you weren't aware.

Regards

Click Studios

20 hours ago, support said:

Out of curiosity, what's missing in our Remote Session Launcher(s) that's preventing you from using either of them?

We're already embedded in Royal TSX ecosystem; and it also has a lot more features we use than Passwordstate remote session launcher, such as vCenter integration, web page etc. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

Just letting you know that we provided Royal Apps information about our API(s) back in February 2020, as they were looking to do the integration you've mentioned. Although, we don't see anything on their web site yet about the integration, so we would suggest contacting them regarding this.

As this is not an integration we can specifically do, we are moving this request to 'Closed'.

Regards

Click Studios