User/Group Administration via API

BrianSar

My company is looking to provision password lists automatically through the API. We want to also use an AD Group to control access to the password list. 

It seems like the ability to add a user and/or AD group to password state via API would be an intuitive/necessary feature.

I can create a password/password list automatically, but then someone needs to go manually add the users/groups who will need access to it? 

Hi BrianSar,

You can currently apply permissions to an existing Password List for a user or Security Group, but you are correct, the user needs to be added into Passwordstate first before you can do this.  We may look at adding users and groups via the API in the future, it does seem like a reasonable request.

For now, I wonder if a workaround for you would be to create a security group in AD called something like "Passwordstate Users", and each new user gets added into this group.  This way all your users should already be present in Passwordstate is you need to apply permissions for them.  I'm guessing this might not be very effective if you want to script this access as part of your new user creation process, but thought I'd mention it anyway in case you use it for other scripting activities:)

Regards,

Support.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello Everyone,

Just letting you know this feature is now complete, and included in the version 9 release.

To upgrade, please refer to either of the documents below, from our documentation page here - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/documentation/default.aspx 

Regards
Click Studios