Error during config, testing and executing backup

Nicola

I we are trying to config automatic backup Active Directory in my Passwordstate web-portal. We try to set this using a Domain User account or a Domain Administrator.

I followed every step of the official pdf document of version 9 Passwordstate_Automatic_Backups.pdf, but when testing the configuration i receive this error:

Unfortunately an error has occurred within the Passwordstate web site, for which we apologize for the inconvenience.

If Passwordstate is able to communicate with the database, then the error will be logged on the screen Administration -> Passwordstate Administration -> Error Console.

If you are unable to view the Error Console screen for any reason, you can ask your Database Administrator to run the following SQL Query, which will show the same data from the Error Console Screen:

USE Passwordstate
SELECT * FROM DebugInfo

If you need some assistance from Click Studios in troubleshooting this error, please ask your Passwordstate Security Administrators to contact us for help.

The SQL query gives me this error message:

Build No '9381' - Error Code = Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.Byte[]'., StackTrace = at jik=.3jk=.7zk=(String 8Dk=)

I have checked:

- permission on the share

- membership of the user in the "Remote Management Users" on DB server

- installation of sqlserver powershel component

- local security policy on backup server, web server and DB server.

Could someone help me with this problem, please? 

PS. An update. Today (2021/12/23) I tried to upgrade from release 9381 to version 9400. The same error persists. Build No '9400' - Error Code = Unable to cast object of type 'System.DBNull' to type 'System.Byte[]'., StackTrace = at jik=.3jk=.7zk=(String 8Dk=)

PS. An update. Today (2022/01/17) i tried to upgrade from release 9400 to version 9414. The problem is solved.

• 4 weeks later...