Set Advanced Permission Model as default

Flash

Sorry if I'm overlooking something.

When creating a new folder, you can choose between the standard and the advanced permission model. The standard permission model is selected by default:

image.thumb.png.d0d3fcf8ff5f5ae1a38e598e6ed8fe2b.png

Is it possible to set the advanced permission model as default? Or disable the standard permission model altogether?

The idea is that I would like to only use the advanced permission model. If I am the only admin, that's no problem. However, if there are several admins, there is a high chance that someone for whatever reason will create a new folder with the standard permission model.

• 1 year later...

+1

We have the same request for our environment.

We noticed users that started seeing sub folders that they should not be seeing because of disabled inheritance enabled.

When they create a top level folder using the basic permission model and they move the newly created folder to another top level folder that uses the advanced permission model the permissions from the top level folder are set to the sub folder that has disabled inheritance available.

So if the have view permission on the top level folder but not on a folder that uses disabled inheritance, the view permission from the top level folder are forced to the folder that has disable inheritance active.

This seems like something that should not be possible.

This issue does not occur when we move a folder from the top level that uses the advanced permission model instead of the standard permission model.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...