Feature Request: Purge permissions either by API or when disabling inheritance

Patrik

Hi

I would like to suggest a feature that lets me purge all groups and/or users permissions on a folder or passwordlist. By API or make it the default behavior when disabling inheritance on a new folder. Maybe with the added option to copy permissions from top,

My company uses a folder structure and advanced mode permissions in a model like the one below. My problem is that every time i create a new folder structure for a application or system I have to manually delete all the groups and users that is copied to the new folder from the top even though the inheritance is disabled.  The other solutions is to use the API to first get all the securitygroups then for each securitygroup try to delete it from the newly created folder, not a nice solution in my opinion.

Folders example:

Applications[every securitygroup(~50-100) can view]

-Application1 [inherit from top]

--Test [inheritance blocked, only securitygroup for the application and environment can view/modify]

--Acceptance [inheritance blocked, only securitygroup for the application and environment can view/modify]

--Production [inheritance blocked, only securitygroup for the application and environment can view/modify]

-Application2 [inherit from top]

--Test [inheritance blocked, only securitygroup for the application and environment can view/modify]

--Acceptance [inheritance blocked, only securitygroup for the application and environment can view/modify]

--Production [inheritance blocked, only securitygroup for the application and environment can view/modify]

Best regards

Patrik

• 5 months later...