Is Protected Users Browser Remote Sessions working?

J24

Hi. I know this has been asked in the past, however I'm still uncertain whether it's fixed or just me.

Am on 9858 at the moment.

I want to set Protected Users, and use Browser based Remote Session launcher RDP sessions.

I am still getting the error "The authentication Username or Password appears to be incorrect, or the Host is not available."

I have added the kerberos.kdc line in the config, so I'm not sure if it is still unsupported?

I have noticed that over in RoyalTS they have recently merged in FreeRDP 3.0 which seems to support Kerberos properly.

Any news or help?

Hello J24,

We've integrate a third party java solution for our Browser Based Remote Session Gateway. We've logged a support ticket with them in the past, and they said that the browser spec does not support authentication when accounts are in the Protected Users group - this is a limitation in the browser spec.

Our kerberos support works just fine, but Protected Users is a current limitation.

Is FreeRDP browser based, or a fat client?

If Protected Users group is a requirement, you can still use our Client Based Launcher, and this will work just fine for you.

Regards

Click Studios