Can't "View Active Users" or "Enable Maintenance Mode"

Alan

On Build 9050. Getting the same generic error when trying to perform either action (below). Nothing is logged to the Error Console or the SQL Query.

"Unfortunately an error has occurred within the Passwordstate web site, for which we apologize for the inconvenience.

If Passwordstate is able to communicate with the database, then the error will be logged on the screen Administration -> Passwordstate Administration -> Error Console.

If you are unable to view the Error Console screen for any reason, you can ask your Database Administrator to run the following SQL Query, which will show the same data from the Error Console Screen:

USE Passwordstate
SELECT * FROM DebugInfo"

Hi Alan,

Unforortunately we cannot reproduce this issue with version 9 or 8. Do you know if you have done any server hardneing on your web server, as one customer previously reported this error when they performed this?

Regards

Click Studios

We've encrypted the Database Connection and appSettings as recommended in the Passwordstate installation manual. The only other "hardening" we've done is to apply the "Best Practice" settings of the Nartac IIS Crypto utility. It's my understanding this just sets which protocols, ciphers, etc. are enabled for IIS and also sets the cipher suite order. The Passwordstate site is the only application installed and in use by IIS on this server.

We are using SAML2 authentication against our AzureAD instance. Both functions were working on v8995 prior to upgrading to v9050.

Confirming that we see the same error(s_) as well after performing the upgrade via the administrator interface. Also confirming that after running the offline manual upgrade as mentioned above the errors are no longer present. It would appear to me that something is missing from online upgrade process.

I'm also experience this issue.

My upgrade to version 9 was not so smooth. After using the inplace upgrade I got a "SQLite assembly could be loaded" errors in the event viewer and Passworstate was not running. Then I did a manual upgrade by using the upgrade tool (chapter 5 in the manual) with PasswordstateManualUpgrade.exe. I also had to install PowerShell 5 for this step, which could have been the issue with the initial inplace upgrade. => So I also did a manual upgrade and I'm still having this issue.

Hi Guys,

We do not see this issue in any of our environments, so we're going to have to do some digging to see if we can somehow reproduce the issue, and then provide a fix for it.

Fabian, did you also run the Health Check Utility after the upgrade completed - it mentions this as a requirement on the post upgrade screen?

Thanks

Click Studios

• 2 weeks later...

Archived