Uninstalling the WCP

GrouchyAdmin

Hello GrouchyAdmin,

We need to do some work again soon on the credential provider, to support Edge instead of IE, so we will explore the MSI option at that time.

To uninstall the WCP, this could be put into a batch file, and computer needs reboot as part of the uninstall process. This is tested and working but please note the path changes for each version of the credential provider we have installed.

To find the uninstall string, look in the registry under HKLM\Software\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall for the Passwordstate Credential Provider key

This must be running "As Administrator" to work correctly.

Batch file to execute

"C:\ProgramData\{66E41BAF-6B77-467E-9AB4-F9B2F5ED50FD}\PasswordstateCredentialProvider.exe" REMOVE=TRUE MODIFY=FALSE /s

del /f c:\windows\system32\Passwordstatecp_config.ini

We hope this helps.

Thanks, so if I wanted to just modify it, could I run it from SCCM again as I do now to install it and do something like

PasswordStateCredentialProvider.exe REMOVE=FALSE MODIFY=TRUE /S Text="Update my account" URL="https://aka.ms/sspr"

I've tested the command and it works as I want it to, so I think this should be an alternative to an uninstall.  I've also figured out that if you run the exe on its own with no options, it uninstalls itself, which is a bit weird.