Windows patch(es) may effect logins into Passwordstate, when using Active Directory Authentication

support

Windows patching in January 2022 has caused logins into some Passwordstate instances to fail.  Affected instances use Active Directory authentication options.  We are getting reports that the LDAP / LDAPS protocol can be impacted.

Associated KB Articles: KB5009557, KB5009546, KB5010790 and cumulative update (April 2022)  KB5012596.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/topic/january-11-2022-kb5009557-os-build-17763-2452-c3ee4073-1e7f-488b-86c9-d050672437ae

Click Studios has tested the January 2022 patches in our Test Lab, Consisting of Windows Server 2016, 2019 and Server 2022, and have been unable to replicate the issues. We've tested with the web servers joined to an Active Directory domain, and when it only belongs to a local Workgroup.

If customers are impacted they may need to consider rolling back or uninstalling the associated patches.  Customers should fully consider any organizational risks before uninstalling Microsoft Patches.

These patches would need to be uninstalled from your Passwordstate web server, until Microsoft can resolve the issue.

We encourage any customers experiencing issues, or If they have additional information regarding this, to contact Click Studios Technical Support and we will update this forum post.

Regards,

Support.

We've had feedback from another customer, that below is the list of updated they believe could cause this issue:

Regards

Click Studios

More feedback from another customer in Australia:

"I have uninstalled KB5009557, and the issue has been resolved.

For completeness, I have installed the Out of Band update KB5010791 that fixed issues introduced by KB5009557, and the issue is still resolved."

Regards,

Click Studios.

8 hours ago, support said:

More feedback from another customer in Australia:

"I have uninstalled KB5009557, and the issue has been resolved.

For completeness, I have installed the Out of Band update KB5010791 that fixed issues introduced by KB5009557, and the issue is still resolved."

Regards,

Click Studios.

KB5009557 uninstalled and it started working again

KB5009557 installed and then applying KB5010791 still had the issue present

Edited by SB-Team
KB5009557 info update