Multiple Browser Based Gateways? Applied at Host Folder level?

TJJ

Hi, I didn't see a way to do this, but is there a way to have multiple browser based gateways installed for a PWS installation?

We have sites in the USA, UK and Australia (one company with multiple locations, not a "remote site" from the MSP perspective), if I install the gateway in the UK and I'm in Australia, controlling a machine in Australia, does the traffic pass from my local machine, to the UK gateway, then back to the target machine (in Australia), then back to the UK and finally back to Australia? If so that's going to be incredibly slow based on where you are, the gateway and the destination...

It would be great if you had the option of installing multiple remote gateways (one for each primary site) and then define which gateway should be used based on the Hosts folder (or below) it resides in... Basically inherit which gateway is used based on the host definition/location in the hierarchy...

Thanks, TJ 

Hi TJ,

The only way this is currently possible is with our Remote Site Locations module, where a separate Gateway can be installed/used with each remote site.

We do plan on expanding this functionality in the future, but currently not possible unfortunately.

Regards

Click Studios

Ok, so this is possible and works as I described (but requires the remote site licensing - and that is an annual license with no perpetual/purchase option)?

can you also confirm how the current gateway work (see my earlier description)?

TJ

Hi TJ,

You browser connects direct to the Gateway URL. So the flow of traffic is from your desktop browser, to whereever you have the gateway installed. The gateway then connects to the hosts.

And yes, our Remote Site Locations module is an annual subscription.

I hope this clarifies.

Regards

Click Studios