Unable to import keepass xml from keepass v2.49 into passwordstate 9519

C.S.C.

Hi support team,

yesterday i installed the actual trial version and when i'm trying to import an keepass xml file, it fails without any errors and it looks like it was successful.

If i go back to the main page, no passwords were imported, i also couldn't find any log files.

Thanks.

Regards,

Thomas

ImportTask.gif

What a silly error... i overlooked that i have to press the "Import" Button. Now i get the following Error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately one of more errors have occurred during the import process.

Please review the error below, and contact Click Studios for support if required. If some Password Lists and password records have been created, please refer to the 'Instructions' tab for how you can delete these in bulk if needed.

Import Error:
Failed to import passwords. Error = Der Remoteserver hat einen Fehler zurückgegeben: (500) Interner Serverfehler.

Hi Paul,

We've found this is possible, if the KeePass export is not in the correct XML format. We'll email you a copy that we know which works, and if it works for you, then possibly you can compare the XML structure to your file, to see if you can spot any differences.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi Paul,

Can you also go to the screen Administration -> System Settings -> Miscellaneous tab, and ensure the 'Base URL' field is correct - and that it is set to HTTPS and not HTTP

Thanks

Click Studios

Hi there,

yes the baseURL is correct, although we have changed it over the last week to accomodate our new SSL certificate. This hasn't affected any other of the sites functionality though.

The XML file that you supplied has one main difference shown below. Basically in the file you supplied any empty tags without values look different to the ones in my file.

My file

image.png.0176f408b62ac19c1bd250fa2b6f91fc.png

Your file

image.png.e53561a6d157f06d8c7945a96cb2f00b.png

Not sure if this is significant

Thanks

Paul

Hello there,

We have the same issue with Keepass v2.49 and also with Keepass v2.51. Passwordstate is V9.5 (Build 9519) 

I followed the KeePass Export Instructions Guide but got the Error down below.

Import Error:
Failed to import passwords. Error = The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Thanks

Marcel

On 5/9/2022 at 11:50 PM, support said:

Hi Paul,

We've found this is possible, if the KeePass export is not in the correct XML format. We'll email you a copy that we know which works, and if it works for you, then possibly you can compare the XML structure to your file, to see if you can spot any differences.

Regards

Click Studios

Hello Support,

Could you send me this file too? 

thanks,

Marcel

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, Peter Klingler said:

Anyone find a solution for this?

Peter

Hello Peter,

You need to prepare the Keepass File before you can import it and delete the Attachments inside the Keepass File. 
I have done the KeePass Database Maintenance, not sure if that helped too.  
If you have ä, ü, ö, ß, or similar characters you should change them after the import to Passwordstate, by exporting afterward from Passwordstate again and doing some find and replace, it is easier.

greetings from Tyrol 
Marcel