Browser based launcher cursor issue

SimonRB

Hello,

Very happy with Passwordstate and the remote session feature.

I have a couple of questions I was hoping to get answered and maybe resolved.

Issue 1

I've never encountered .rdpv files before, but I can't seem to find a video player that supports playing them. I find that the browser one is quite slow loading and laggy. Also you can't go back and forth in the video?

Issue 2

This is a really minor one. In a browser based session if the mouse cursor changes from the arrow to just about anything else, the cursor gets stuck in this and doesn't revert back to the arrow.

Is there anything to do about this on my end or is it something I just have to live with?

Kind regards

Simon

HI SimonRB,

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner on this.  The .rdvp file are a proprietary file extension that our session recordings use.  We have actually purchased this software from a third party and integrated it with our software, and the video player was custom built by them too.  I've just performed a test and the session recordings are as quick as a real life session for us, and you can skip forwards, and backwards with no lag using the toolbar at the bottom of the page.

We tested this in Microsoft Edge.  Did you use a different browser by any chance and did you have any browser extensions active?  Have you possibly changed the default path to the session recordings to a network share, or somewhere else?

With the mouse icon, I've also just tested this and the mouse doesn't seem to get stuck at all.  ie if I browse to the Click Studios forums within a session, and hover over one of the links and it changes from an arrow to a hand, it instantly changes back to an arrow as soon as I stop hovering over the link.  Again, maybe this might be browser related, can you let me know what browser you are using, and what version?

Regards,

Support

Hello Support,

Thanks for getting back to me.

We are using Microsoft Edge version 103.0.1264.62 (64 bit) no extensions active.

The recorded sessions are saved in the default folder of the external gateway server.

If possible, could we set up a live session where I show the issue? I realise it can be tricky to understand, if you can't replicate it.

Regards,

Simon

Hi Simon,

We have fixed the playback issue for the next release, which is due next week.

Can you try upgrading Passwordstate, and your external install of the gateway, once this release is available, and then we can re-tets your issues.

Here are the upgrade instructions, for when the next release is out - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/downloads/version9/Upgrade_Instructions.pdf

Regards

Click Studios

Hello Support,

I've just upgraded to the newest build.

The playback feature seems to be working somewhat ok now. I still have some gripes. It's rather unresponsive and takes a click or two. Also when going backwards in a recording I get a big white bar on the right side of the recording. Illustrated below.

image.thumb.png.43fbf21df48ba2123b02f22bc37198c7.png

I also think I'm missing a button?

Kind regards

Simon