Change Screen Options for all users

damian

Hey guys, we are just evaluating the software to make sure it's what we're after in our business, and one of the things we've noticed is that although the system has some great features, for our not-so-technical users it could look over populated and doesn't give them the user experience they're after.

A lot of these things can be changed per-user, but I can't find a way to change them globally, or as a default setting on anyone new being added into the system. These things are as follows, if anyone might be able to shed some light on how to do this, or even if it's possible.

- Change the columns that appear and remove unnecessary ones

- Remove the 'Password Last Updated' field, this isn't really required for the kind of work we do

- Remove the charts on the side for all users, except those of another group. It looks like if I have users in two UAP's it won't work, and otherwise I'll have to manually select all users for the default instead of using the built in '* All Users and Security Groups'

- Same as above, but with the history/activity, I can disable it but it gets messy when I want to enable it for a select few users

- Change the default number of passwords to be listed on a single page. With the history/activity gone there's a whole page of nothingness, it would be good to fill this with the passwords by default

Thanks!

- damian

Hi Damian,

Unfortunately most of these customisation are per user, and we have no way currently of changing them globally.

For item 3 and 4, we might be able to make a change to make this work in your scenario, but we'd need to do some testing and get back to you - basically we may need to somehow change the sort order for UAP's returned for a user, so that one can take precedence over the other.

We'll let you know if we can successfully make a change for this.

Regards

Click Studios

Beautiful, thanks for looking into that, it would be great to have a sort order.

With the other stuff, it might be good to have a *special* UAP for 'new user creation' where the policies don't stick, but when a new account is added it will set these policies by default, with the ability for the user to change them after the fact as usual.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Damian,

Just letting you know that we've released Build 8215 today with a couple of changes in it for you:

• User Account Policies can now be re-ordered
  • And we added a new System Setting option to hide the 'Password Last Updated' field in all Passwords Grid. On the System Settings page in the Administration area, you can find this option under the Password List Options tab.

If you've never done an upgrade for Passwordstate before, I'd suggest following section '5.Manual Upgrade Instructions' in the following document - https://www.clickstudios.com.au/downloads/version9/Upgrade_Instructions.pdf. When you have the time, you can then explore configuring Passwordstate for our In-Place Upgrade feature - information can be found for this in the Security Administrator's manual in the Help Menu - just look at the 'Backups and Settings' section.

Also, if you want to change the number of password records which can be displayed in password grids, you can do the following two things using SQL Server Management Studio:

• Execute the following statement to update all existing User Accounts

USE Passwordstate
            UPDATE [UserAccounts] SET P_Records = 20

• And to ensure all newly created accounts gets the same value, you can edit the settings on the table just like in the screenshot below

plrecords.png

Regards

Click Studios

• 2 years later...
On 12/20/2017 at 4:11 AM, damian said:

Hey guys, 

Is there any update here to change the columns default overviews for all user? 

Thanks 

Hashem

Hey guys, we are just evaluating the software to make sure it's what we're after in our business, and one of the things we've noticed is that although the system has some great features, for our not-so-technical users it could look over populated and doesn't give them the user experience they're after.

A lot of these things can be changed per-user, but I can't find a way to change them globally, or as a default setting on anyone new being added into the system. These things are as follows, if anyone might be able to shed some light on how to do this, or even if it's possible.

- Change the columns that appear and remove unnecessary ones     

- Remove the 'Password Last Updated' field, this isn't really required for the kind of work we do

- Remove the charts on the side for all users, except those of another group. It looks like if I have users in two UAP's it won't work, and otherwise I'll have to manually select all users for the default instead of using the built in '* All Users and Security Groups'

- Same as above, but with the history/activity, I can disable it but it gets messy when I want to enable it for a select few users

- Change the default number of passwords to be listed on a single page. With the history/activity gone there's a whole page of nothingness, it would be good to fill this with the passwords by default

Thanks!

- damian

Archived