Passwordstate Folder Permissions

Dear Clicksters,

I clearly don't know passwordstate as well as I should. As a security administrator, it seems as though there are some password folders/lists that I can't permissions on - even if they appear to be at the top of the tree. Say what? Shouldn't a security administrator be able to change/grant permissions on anything (except private lists) as long as it's logged?

Guido

Hi Guido,

Thanks for your email, and no a Security Administrator does not have full access by default within the Passwords tab - they must be explicitly given access, for security reasons.

As a Security Administrator, you can change permissions from within the Administration area though - either the Passwords Folder or Password Lists menus. By default Security Administrators still cannot grant themselves access here, again for security reasons - but there is a way to override this if absolutely necessary. Generally this is not required though, because if you actually need access to these records, Administrators of the folders or Password Lists should grant you access.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Click Studios

With regards to that bypass you mentioned, through the admin-panel: I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but I'd love that same bypass possibility for folders on the Hosts tab. I have a few folders created by a colleague which we cannot access because they left (and we're not allowed to use their personal account) :D

Hi Buckit,

Does this user's account still exist in Passwordstate? If not, then permissions on Folders they created will be removed. And you can then just create the folder structure you need for yourself - and also other users as well if needed.

Just trying to suggest some workarounds, as it will take us a while to get through all the feature requests we currently have.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived