Mr.

Guest Robert Birkett

Guest Robert Birkett

I have a support contract, but when I click on the Create Ticket icon on the Support Page nothing happens, so I'm assuming that is not the way to get any kind of support from clickstudios.  Since we are in the US, calling isn't much of an option either.  So no support.  Is it worth renewing if you can't contact the company you pay support fees to?

Onto the real problem other than not getting support.  The documentation is pretty good about moving to a new database server, or moving to a new web server, but what about moving everything to a new server?  You can only download the trail version, so how does that affect the move when you do a fresh install using the latest version, or do I have to waste time upgrading the old version first instead of doing a fresh install on a new 2016 box?  There's no mention of the trial version miraculously becoming a full version when you move the config file from the old server.  Is it even possible to build a new environment and move the DB and the config file and everything will work?  Maybe a new addition to the support documentation titled "Moving Everything To a New Server/OS" is needed.  Is there any way to email support or create a ticket when the Create Ticket doesn't actually work?  How do you get support if your company isn't actually located in Australia?

Robert J Birkett

Hi Robert,

We believe the Create Ticket icon might be caused by you not having an default email client on your computer - so it cannot open a new windows to send an email - can you confirm? We also received your email, and responded to that, so please be assured that we are trying to provide you support. Below is the contents of the email we responded with.

It is our move documentation that you need you need to follow for this, as this will retain all your data when you do the database restore. Below are the two documents you need to follow:

https://www.clickstudios.com.au/documentation/move-new-database-server.aspx

https://www.clickstudios.com.au/documentation/move-new-web-server.aspx

If you have any questions about either of these documents, please let us know.

Regards

Click Studios

For anyone else reading this post, Robert did not realise you do not specify MSSQLSERVER as the database instance name using a default install of SQL Server Standard or Enterprise.

The only time you need to specify an Instance Name in the database connection string in the web.config file is when you install SQL Server with a specific instance name (non default).

Regards

Click Studios

Archived