API error - Searchpasswords failes

Guest Michael Ryom

Guest Michael Ryom

Hi

I'm trying to use the webapi to search for a password. But no matter what I do I cant get a useful output. (Creating/searching folders,password lists, etc. works.)

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "HTTPS://pstate/winapi/searchpasswords/100?username=username&title=title" -Credential $cred

Returns "[{"errors":[{"message":"Invalid API Call"},{"phrase":"Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object."}]}]"

if I change it to something incorrect like added a "1" after username or title - It tells me there is no record like expected

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "HTTPS://pstate/winapi/searchpasswords/100?username=username&title=title1" -Credential $cred

Returns "[{"errors":[{"message":"Not Found"},{"phrase":"You search for Password records return zero results."}]}]"

So why does it return "Invalid API Call", when it should return "password found"

ps. if I use the URI in a browser the result is the same.

1 minute ago, Guest Michael Ryom said:

Hi

I'm trying to use the webapi to search for a password. But no matter what I do I cant get a useful output. (Creating/searching folders,password lists, etc. works.)

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "HTTPS://pstate/winapi/searchpasswords/100?username=username&title=title" -Credential $cred

Returns "[{"errors":[{"message":"Invalid API Call"},{"phrase":"Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object."}]}]"

if I change it to something incorrect like added a "1" after username or title - It tells me there is no record like expected

Invoke-WebRequest -Uri "HTTPS://pstate/winapi/searchpasswords/100?username=username&title=title1" -Credential $cred

Returns "[{"errors":[{"message":"Not Found"},{"phrase":"You search for Password records return zero results."}]}]"

So why does it return "Invalid API Call", when it should return "password found"

ps. if I use the URI in a browser the result is the same.

I'm using the win API - Only.

As I wrote in the beginning:

Correctly formatted - Does not return the password

Incorrectly formatted - Does return msg that there is no password record

Some more testing:

Invoke-WebRequest -URI "https://pstate/winapi/searchpasswords/83" -Credential $cred -ContentType "application/json; charset=utf-16"

Returns a list of password for the passwordlist with ID 83

(Invoke-WebRequest -URI "https://pstate/winapi/searchpasswords/83?username=username" -Credential $cred -ContentType "application/json; charset=utf-16")

Returns a password list

In the first two examples, I would expect the output to be the same if username and/or title was incorrect, just like it does in the second example. When the title is purposely changed by adding a "1" at the end.

Hi MichaelRyom,

I've compared your examples to our documentation, and notice a couple of differences which I can confirm in my environment, if I change them, the search functionality works as expected.

1. You are using invoke-webrequest instead of invoke-restmethod

2. You don't have -method GET as a parameter in your API call

3. You are using -Credential $cred instead of -UseDefaultCredentials

An example of searching with the changes I've mentioned above would be

$PasswordstateUrl = 'https://sandbox.halox.net/winapi/searchpasswords/10929?username=asand'
Invoke-RestMethod -Method Get -Uri $PasswordstateUrl -UseDefaultCredentials

another example, searching by username and title is:

$PasswordstateUrl = 'https://sandbox.halox.net/winapi/searchpasswords/10929?username=asand&title=Admin Linux'
Invoke-RestMethod -Method Get -Uri $PasswordstateUrl -UseDefaultCredentials

Hope this helps!

Support.

Archived