Error Console Error About Archive Auditing

Fabian Näf

Hi There,

I'm getting the following error every day in the error console with build 8449:

An error has occurred executing the call 'ArchiveAuditingData' - Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. Cannot insert explicit value for identity column in table 'AuditingArchive' when IDENTITY_INSERT is set to OFF. & stacktrace= at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteReaderInternal(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.OleDb.OleDbCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() at PasswordstateService.PasswordstateService.ArchiveOldAuditingData(String StartID, String LastID, String AuditArchiveActiveRows) at PasswordstateService.PasswordstateService.ArchiveAuditingData()

Source is "Windows Service" and I get this at the time when the audit archive job runs.

Yesterday I enabled the "Archiee API Auditing data" option and I got this error before and also after I enabled this option.

Now I'm going to update to the newest release, lets see if this helps...

Best regards,

Fabian

8.4 (Build 8449) 

Hi Fabian,

Thanks for reporting this, and we will investigate this immediately.

Can you turn off the Archive API option for now, as the latest release will not help with this - we will report back here as soon as it is fixed.

Regards

Click Studios

I also get the following error very often, but I don't think this one is related to the one I posted above:

Operator '<>' is not defined for type 'DBNull' and string ""., StackTrace = at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.ConditionalCompareObjectNotEqual(Object Left, Object Right, Boolean TextCompare) at loggedout.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Hi Fabian,

Are you seeing any issues in the UI which causes this issue - the error doesn't give us much information, or even a page name? Also, do you have any Anti-Virus software installed on your web server?

Thanks

Click Studios

Hi Mark/Lee

From time to time I get a general message that an error occured and that I should take a look into the error console.

As I remember it's usually related to the login page, e.g. when I put my computer in hibernate mode and restart it a day later and try to access the Passwordstate page which is still open. But I also just got this message during updating to the newest version. After the first step I got logged out and then I had to logon again. There I got this message and I had to open the Passwordstate URL again. Then I was able to finish the upgrade process with the second step (usualy here we would have DB update).

Yes I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials as Anti-Virus and I just excluded the Passwordstate folder from scanning, hope this helps.

I'll monitore that and try to report more detailed informations, when this issue occurs.

Best regards,

Fabian

So, here we go... I just let my Passwordstate session open for a while and I got the following screen when I came back some hours later (no hibernate). The related user and session is my security administrator with which I did the update some hours before.

image.png.3ae5811d998712fff400c7529093d8d8.png

URL: https://***passwordstate***/error/generalerror.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/loggedout.aspx

Error Console

Category: General Error

Error Information:

Operator '<>' is not defined for type 'DBNull' and string ""., StackTrace = at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Operators.ConditionalCompareObjectNotEqual(Object Left, Object Right, Boolean TextCompare) at loggedout.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Event Type: Error

My inactivity timeout is set to 2880 mins (48hours)

Probably I also need to mention, that I use the active directory integrated authentication model.

Hi Fabian,

We've released build 8459 today, which should fix the issue of the new AuditingArchive table - thanks very much for reporting it.

Whilst we were unable to reproduce that error mentioned above for the Loggedout page, we've made a small change in this build to see if it will help you also.

Regards

Click Studios

• 3 weeks later...

Archived