Issue with Generate Password API

dnewsholme

I'm struggling with the API for generating passwords.

I'm looking to generate a password of the length 16 random characters and without a word.

However it seems no matter what parameters i pass i get a 12 character password with a word such as:

scalp-6Vk%z

I'm performing a get with the following parameters.

/winapi/generatepassword?IncludeWordPhrases=false&minLength=16&maxLength=16

Infact the only parameter which seems to work is qty=3 which will generate 3 of the same 12 character with a word passwords.

I'm running V8.5 (Build 8519) 

Hello,

I you specify the parameters manually like this, instead of using an existing Password Generator Policy to base it off, then you need to specify all parameters here - which are documented in the API documentation for you.

Can you please try specifying all parameters, and report back here if you are still having issues?

Thanks very much.

Regards

Click Studios

I've tried that too. Using the following GET uri query string:

/winapi/generatepassword/?IncludeAlphaSpecial=true&IncludeWordPhrases=false&minLength=12&maxLength=20&lowerCaseChars=true&upperCaseChars=true&numericChars=true&higherAlphaRatio=true&ambiguousChars=true&specialChars=true&specialCharsText=!#$%+-_=^&bracketChars=true&bracketCharsText={}()&NumberOfWords=0&MaxWordLength=0&PrefixAppend=P&SeparateWords=N&ExcludeChars=*&GeneratePattern=false&Pattern=null&Qty=1

The resultant password i got was:

rstrut-pb9Lej

Which shouldn't happen as include words and word length were set to false and 0 respectively.

Hello,

I think one of the # characters in specialCharsText might be causing issues here. Can you try the below:

generatepassword/?IncludeAlphaSpecial=true&IncludeWordPhrases=false&minLength=12&maxLength=20&lowerCaseChars=true&upperCaseChars=true&numericChars=true&higherAlphaRatio=true&ambiguousChars=true&specialChars=true&specialCharsText=!$%+-_=^&bracketChars=true&bracketCharsText={ }()&NumberOfWords=0&MaxWordLength=0&PrefixAppend=P&SeparateWords=N&ExcludeChars=*&GeneratePattern=false&Pattern=null&Qty=20

This gives me the output of L3b5xh-JKXja
2lh8cd8! 2GRVB9o
3PEBS BAHrPWSY2w
oXB3KV7 hvVERex)3P 2
1!Y3Jpf3PvahIFM
18B%H}bAsn3qdFK
gXqMI5ztN4dKx09HYEk
v3NMg6wAb081%n
FEVbQXJveTi{NO
}TjtY4zeZvBjycwNzr
3!hQSqK2LXFG60Utc3
KtdEFDmZUzBc_)
8pfL5WcNsNPGed}316)
Hr^={x4jCXbM
K1qxwKzzem-Xj
lDTBZkOy!gSo
sJ8!(E{Z GeES
h0Kn9k}EzXM7dVt
}4HiZUDFuCbcXdzIk
DvRsnfUCxjfAIhV

Also, if possible, it's a lot easier to generate random password by specifying a Password Generator Policy ID, instead of each of these individual parameters.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived