Google Authenticator says Login failed - Google Verification Code is incorrect.

jhaus

Hi,

I am having issues using the Google Authenticator. I downloaded the google authenticator app and scanned the qr code. The passwordstate timer shows up in the google authenticator app. When I go to login with the user that I assinged 2FA to, the google authenticator says Login failed - Google Verification Code is incorrect.

If I try again, it says I cannot use the same code again. I have to wait for the code to change on the app. Once it changes, it still does not work. In the user accounts in passwordstate, I originally selected "Manual AD and Google authenticator" for one user but I got an error saying the code was wrong. I then tried using the "Using the System Wide Authentication Settings" option but I still have the same issue.

I was originally on Passwordstate 8.6 - Build 8600 (4th February 2019) and have since upgraded to Passwordstate 8.6 - Build 8627 (26th February 2019) but I still get the same error. I have tried turning on/off and reinstalling the google authenticator many times but I cannot get it to work. On the passwordstate website, it says to choose google Authenticator on the drop down list but that is greyed out. I can only choose "Manual AD and Google authenticator". Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hello,

The only time we have seen issues like this is when the time on customer's phone is more than one minute out compared to your Passwordstate web server - can you check this.

Also, on the Preferences screen, did you click the Save button after generating the QR Code and scanning it - sorry to ask such a question, but we have had a few customers forget to do this in the past.

Regards

Click Studios

Hi,

You were right about the time. The network was 1min 40secs faster than both phones I was testing with. I plan on correcting the time on the Domain. For now I manually set the time on the PasswordState server and that resolved the issue google authenticator verification code issue. I was curious if there was a way to setup a certain amount of time to account for any drift in time?

Thanks!

Archived