IE crashing with password state browser extension

manuelrsml

Our IE crash as soon as we click save in the pop up window to save the password where you select a password list and a name . Does someone knows what is the cause ? I have exclude McAfee AV On-demand scan as per your advise for passwordstate folder but I have still this is the error we have in the application event log for the crash:

EventData

IEXPLORE.EXE

5ce88421

PasswordState-Win32.dll

5c355bad

c0000005

276c

01d531a77cf5a67a

C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE

c:\Program Files (x86)\Passwordstate IE Extension\PasswordState-Win32.dll

Hello,

We're not exactly sure what could be causing this, as we haven't had any other reports of this so far. Is it possible to test on another machine where McAfee is not installed at all? We're aware that even though exceptions can be configured for McAfee, it can still interfere.

Also, just to let you know, we will not be doing any further development on this extension - the architecture is 20+ years old, and just too difficult to work with. Plus with the new version of Edge coming out, with IE support, our Chrome extension will work with this.

Regards

Click Studios

I have seen before happening to other people that it does not work, maybe not crash,  because I got your advise from those articles of reinstalling and removing folder and registry keys,  essentially the extension does not seem to work , neither capture the passwords correctly , it crash , or automatically use them. But fine , I will have to let the business know there is no alternative.

Thanks

Hello,

There will be an alternative as soon as Microsoft release  the Chromium based version of Edge - our Chrome extension will work with this, and it has a new IE mode. Hopefully this will be available in a few months.

Regards

Click Studios

Archived