Bulk Password Domain Configuration

PaulCa

Hi,

I am trying to make a new password list for a set of 500 active directory accounts.  The goal behind this is to use the password reset option so the passwords on these accounts are changed every 30 days by PasswordState.

I can achieve this using the tools if I manually add an account and set it to be active directory however during this addition I have to manually enter the domain (as seen in the first screenshot here.  There does not seem to be a way to set this on bulk either via the web page or via the import option.  How can I set the domain for all accounts in a list at once?

Hi PaulCa,

The two options I could suggest would be to either use an Active Directory Discovery job, which will find the accounts in an AD container and automatically import them into the Password List with the appropriate domain selected.  Or You could use a script to loop through a csv file that has the account details, and add them into the Password List which will be using the API.

The Discovery job would be easiest if you the accounts were all in one OU, or one Security Group, or if they all had the same name.

2020-01-06_6-33-54.png

I hope this helps but please let me know if you had any questions about this?

Regards,

Support

Excellent PaulCA, glad that helped.  One thing I forgot to mention is that by default, there is a setting on the Password List where you will be discovering these accounts into to say reset the Password after 90 days.  You should change this to 30 days in your scenario:

2020-01-08_7-36-20.png

I hope this helps:)

Regards,

Support

Archived