How to run a SQL query when Click Studios support requests some data

support

To help Click Studios with supporting an issue you may have, sometimes we ask you to run "SQL Queries" to retrieve some data from your database.  Below is an example how you can do this.

Step 1:

Identify where your Passwordstate database is hosted.  You can do this by clicking on Administration Home:

2022-04-07_7-41-06.png

Step 2:

Open Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio on any machine where you have this installed. If you don't have it installed, you can down load for free from Microsoft: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/download-sql-server-management-studio-ssms?view=sql-server-ver15

2022-04-07_7-49-52.png

Step 3:

Enter your database name, and select an account that has permissions to connect to your SQL database server.  If you do not have an account that you know of, you can use the SQL account that Passwordstate uses.  You can find the username and password for this account by following this forum post: https://forums.clickstudios.com.au/topic/1655-how-to-find-my-database-server/#:~:text=If you need to get,is c%3A\inetpub\passwordstate.

**Note**, in my screenshot below I am using the SQL account that is being used by Passwordstate, so therefore I selected "SQL Server Authentication".  If you were connecting with a domain account instead, choose the Windows Authentication option.

2022-04-07_8-01-00.png

Step 4:

Now you can create a new query, and paste in the SQL code Click Studios Supplied to you, and execute that query.  You'll see results as per the screenshot below, where you can then copy the data and paste it into an Excel spreadsheet.  This makes it easy for click studios support to read:

2022-04-07_8-08-29.png

Now if you send this data to Click Studios, this will help us determine what the issue is.

Regards,

Support