Sudden problem with 1 passwordlist

Wesley

1 of our passwordlists suddenly gives us an error.

This happened whilst adding passwords.

Whenever we try and open the list now, it shows me the following:

Unfortunately an error has occurred within the Passwordstate web site, for which we apologize for the inconvenience.

The error has been captured and reported in the Windows Application Event Log on your web server, or Security Administrators of Passwordstate can view the detail on the screen Administration -> Passwordstate Administration -> Error Console.

Whenever I go to the error console, it shows the following:

Error Code = Thread was being aborted., StackTrace = at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal() at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo) at System.Web.HttpResponse.AbortCurrentThread() at System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse, Boolean permanent) at Passwordstate.Common.AddDebugInfoData(String Category, String DebugInformation, String EventType) at Passwordstate.Common.ConvertDate(String DateString, String FromCultureInfoString) at passwords_Shared_viewpasswords.RadGrid1_ItemDataBound(Object sender, GridItemEventArgs e)

I already spent some time searching trough the community, but have encountered none which experience this on only 1 password list.

I might not have spent enough time searching, but its important for us to be able to view the list.

Is there anything I can do to resolve this, or is my password list lost?

Hi Wesley,

Sorry you're having some issues with this, and I'm sure we can resolve this for you so you do not lose the contents of this Password List.

Using SQL Server Management Studio as a guide, can you run the following command to delete all entries in the DebugInfo table (Error Console screen), then access the Password List again to force the error, then go back to the Error Console screen and hopefully we can see the error now?

USE Passwordstate
DELETE FROM DebugInfo

Thanks

Click Studios

17 hours ago, Wesley said:

Hi,

This has been done, the following error shows:

image.thumb.png.2e936032490f10b4140b90acfe3344ca.png

Based on that screenshot, you need to match the Passwordstates regional settings to that of your host operating system. The bottom/first error is the real error that needs to be resolve, the second error is the side effect of the process failing because of the mismatching regional settings.

@support does the application really need regional settings? Wouldn't it be better to just inherit the operating systems regional settings? 

I can't think of a reason for application specific regional settings, but I'm sure there is a reason for it :)

Hi Wesley,

As per Sarge's suggestion, can you please try changing the 'Default Locale (Date Format)' field on the screen Administration -> System Settings -> Miscellaneous tab. Generally this should detect the data correctly for your web server's operating system here, but possibly someone has changed it since initially installed.

If if you look on the Miscellaneous tab on your Preferences page, maybe someone has change their defaults here.

Let us know if this does not help, as we can then work on fixing this date issue directly in the database.

@Sarge - we've had customer request for this, so dates cane be formatted differently for different countries i.e. dispersed teams.

Regards

Click Studios

1 hour ago, support said:

@Sarge - we've had customer request for this, so dates cane be formatted differently for different countries i.e. dispersed teams.

Oh yeah right. Welp that’s embarrassing :lol:

Leave me alone it’s Friday!

Archived