Scheduled Report (not) based on a user

Eileen

We already created some scheduled reporting. A manager has to approve the access to the passwords of his/her team before the access right is assigned (outside of Passwordstate). We would like to send out different scheduled reports for the managers. Now my issue is, that the reports are somehow user based. I have an admin account that does not have a mailbox. The creator of the report is also the main recipient, others can be put only in CC. 

Now for every report I'll also receive an NDR / delivery error. Could this be fixed or does someone have a workaround? Of course I can use my licensed user-account to create the reports but then we'd have the same issue when my account does not exist anymore. Or I can use a license of a service account to log on to Passwordstate, but it all sounds like a quick fix. How do you deal with it?

PWS_report.png

• 4 months later...

I recognize your issue. My solution is working with a service account. That acocunt has very low rights in Passwordstate, is only used for scheduled reports.
This is absolutely not a nice way bacause I first have to change my own account: disable SSO. After changing the report(s) I have to enable SSO on my account again.

On 2/16/2024 at 5:30 PM, Paul Dekker said:

I recognize your issue. My solution is working with a service account. That acocunt has very low rights in Passwordstate, is only used for scheduled reports.
This is absolutely not a nice way bacause I first have to change my own account: disable SSO. After changing the report(s) I have to enable SSO on my account again.

Thank you for the tipp, but this service account would require an Exchange Online license ;)